1. September 2013 06:19
Child spends half of his life at school. He acquires not only new knowledge but learns how to build relations with coevals and teachers. Frequently student refuses to go to school only because teacher’s unfounded critics or teacher being too commanding. Due to complicated conflicts, children may demand to switch school. In order to avoid that parents and students should be aware that all teachers have different characters.
While the child is primary school pupil, more frequently he may be in contact only with one teacher. If the teacher is reasonable, kind, attentive, creative and understanding the child will not get bored at school during the first years of studying at least. Things get complicated when child enters higher classes and starts communication with other teachers.
There are different kinds of teaching styles that most of the teachers adopt.
- Born to be teachers – most rare category. This teacher understands children and loves them. Each class is a masterpiece of pedagogical art. With such teacher no one will be bored - neither diligent student, nor lazy student. He may interest everyone. If you happen to meet such teacher than you’re lucky;
- Democratic teacher – is one of the best representatives of the profession. He considers capabilities of each pupil. If he notices that pupil is not interested in the lesson, he may temporarily change conduct of the lesson. He respects pupil’s will and opinion. His students frequently get used to such tolerant attitude after which it is hard for a student to contact with authoritative, strict teachers, as they are used to another model of relations;
- Enthusiast – is a teacher, which strives to give children knowledge and is less interested in financial revenue. It is very easy for pupil to be in contact with such teacher. It is advisable for parents to be solidary with teacher’s ideas. However, as a rule, enthusiasm does not last for a long time – it is restricted by school administration or other teachers;
- Dictator teacher - it is the case, when teacher’s authority is extremely high. The teacher has discrete system of requirements, which students cannot reject. The teacher does not reconcile with contrary opinion and does not like to argue. If the student is not used to contact with such teacher, conflict between them is inevitable. In such case, it is better for parents to see teacher and find out about teacher’s requirements in more details. If all this is directed on child’s right upbringing and education, the student gets used to discipline and is diligent in studying the subject. However it’s better for student not to enter into discussion with such teacher;
- Fanatic teacher – it is a teacher, who is worshiping his subject. If the student is interested in any subject and has such teacher, he is very fortunate. However, fanatic teacher is not well disposed towards backward pupils and does not pay any attention to them. Clever students easily earn his disposition. For gaining teacher’s disposition it’s enough for such pupil to find any interesting facts on the subject or suggest teacher to arrange the study;
- Worker teacher – more than half of teachers at school belong to this category. They are forced to get accustomed to any working conditions in order to have financial income. These teachers fulfil their obligations honestly, but they do not have time to prepare for their lessons substantially and creatively. Worker teachers are frequently exhausted, due to which they argue with parents;
- Unfortunate teacher – he is not fond either of children or of profession. Such teachers work at school because they have no way out, or have not found any other work. This teacher doesn’t know his subject well, explains his lesson in a monotonic and uninteresting way, continuously is in conflict with pupils and parents, who are fully authorized to protest against teacher’s lessons;
As you can see, it is more effective when parents are aware of what kind of teacher is dealing with their children.
From time to time parents should go to school and inquire about child’s achievements. Teacher will never enter into a conflict with such parents – it is of course, in case if the child fulfils his duties and is not absentminded during the lesson.
Easy and Intuitive Quiz Maker Software for Your Learning Management System
Five quick advises for students
If students adhere to these rules, I think the process of studying will become more informative:
- When during explanation of studying material you speak to your classmate the teacher is really hinder him. In addition, along with the teacher you hinder your friends. I will not say anything about you, as you do not get important information yourself. After the lesson, you may apologize to the teacher. It is not shameful at all;
- If you did not understand something, ask teacher without uneasiness. The teacher will not think wrong of you; on the contrary, he will know that you want to receive new knowledge. It’s worse not having basic knowledge in any subject – with time passing material will become more complicated and it will be more difficult to understand;
- Do not take advantage of teacher’s trust. You may think of numerous reasons, but eventually you will lose teacher’s trust;
- Try to fulfil school assignment honestly. By disrupting lessons and poor academic achievements, you will complicate your life. Teacher may consider such attitude as announcement of war. Moreover, you know better who will win this “war”;
- Do not forget that the teacher is an ordinary human. He may have a headache or problems at home. Be conscious. Teacher is someone’s parent or grandparent. Imagine that the teacher is your relative and someone puts him/her into bad mood every day. Take care of teacher and then he will take care of you.